Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Escape Door


sold

One of the reasons I decided to take this year off from teaching, is so I can experiment with my work. I haven't posted everything I've done, because some of it has gone down in flames of ... bad. But one thing I've decided to do is paint from photos I've passed over before, but are in my files nonetheless. This is one of those, from an excursion to Santa Cruz, CA. A simple alley in town, complete with matching bike. It's subdued, but I like this one.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this paining and subject mater

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

NICE job!

Unknown said...

This one really is lovely, love it!

Penelope Lentz said...

I love it.

Melle Ferre said...

i like the energy in this. The light in the doorway glows and the glinting handlebars really beckon. It doesn't feel desperate like "escape" to me , more like invitation!

Karen Werner said...

Love the subdued and yellows. Great depth of space. Really, really nice.