Thursday, October 27, 2016

Across the Pond


sold. (6x12in.)

I painted this on a recent trip to Colorado.  My friend Penny and I had driven out to her friend's farm, and found this lovely pond at the back of the property. I had just learned about galkyd, and so experimented with this painting. I love galkyd! I actually painted the house and yellow bushes first, just to make sure I got those in before the light changed, but then I painted in the trees. And then all the pond stuff. So by the time I put in the distant mountains and sky, the paint on the trees was tacky enough not to make mud where they touched. This is a solution to a problem I've had forever with landscape painting!!

Also, here are all my kids (and me, and 2 of our illustrious hosts) from my San Antonio, Texas workshop last week. You guys were awesome!!


4 comments:

Debbie Meyer said...

Very nice my friend, love the whole thing,layout and such!!
Oh yes, we were good kids at the workshop for sure!! Your were pooped!! I was pooped too..heehaah...it was a fun experience, and would do again in a heartbeat. ..the Whistlestop Corner was a fab venue also. ;~} ☆☆♡♡

JanettMarie said...

Wow, no wonder you were spent, that was a big class!
Nice work!

Carol Marine said...

Thanks, Debbie!!! It was great for me too! : )

Sarah White-Harvey said...

Carol, Thank you so much! It was a fantastic workshop! I would love to paint with you again. Whistlestop Corner was great, thanks to Susan and Uhur!