Saturday, July 08, 2017

The Patient Husband


sold.

For this scene from France, I wanted to change some things. So before I started I opened the photo in Photoshop and created a layer on top. Imagine a clear sheet of plastic over a photo - this is a layer. Then I used the "paintbrush tool" and colored in new stuff where I wanted it. You can see the before and after below. Mostly I lightened and simplified the background. I also simplified the store items in the foreground. You can see I also changed some things in the final version - artistic liberty. I'll definitely do this again!


4 comments:

Pat Sarver Huffman said...

I like that. Thanks for showing us. Pat

Elaine said...

That is so cool! I'm definitely going to try this process.

Andy said...

This is really helpful Carol. What version of photoshop works well and is fairly easy?

Carol Marine said...

Hi Andy! I bought Photoshop ages ago. I don't even know which version I have anymore. But these days they sell you a subscription anyway, and (I'm pretty sure) it's $10/mo, and that gives you access to the absolute latest version. Another option is Photoshop Elements, which is much cheaper, and more user-friendly.