Sunday, September 03, 2017

Well Norma, Now Which Way?


sold.

Here's a scene from my New York City files. I actually posted this photo as a DPW challenge 2 years ago, but didn't know how I was going to paint it myself until now. Sometimes these things just have to percolate.

And speaking of percolating ... I think my week of abstract will be doing so in my brain for a long time. My favorite thing about taking a workshop is the chance to fully immerse myself into another artist's PROCESS. I learned so much about how Jane Davies creates her art, and it couldn't be more opposite than my own process. I was surprised how hard it was to get out of my habits, but once I did I had a lot of fun! I don't have anything to show just yet, but maybe soon, as I experiment with new ideas in my own studio. We'll see - for now I'm thinking of it just as a hobby, which protects me from thinking I need to make anything good yet. : )

No comments: